Public Relations Intern
Rocket Science Marketing & PR is seeking interns to support our Old Towne Orange, California-based team. Internships are paid positions and eligible to receive college credit.
Rocket Science is an award-winning integrated marketing and public relations firm that works in a variety of evolving industries, including food, CPG, automotive, consumer and business tech, tourism and nonprofit.
We are a fun and dynamic team of professionals who love what we do. Our ‘Rocketeers’ are strategic and driven to provide the best possible results for our clients through creative marketing and PR solutions and dedicated service. Passion is our rocket fuel and success for our clients is the destination!
Should you be interested in interning, please see below to learn more about the opportunity and ensure you meet the mandatory requirements.
Q. What does an internship with RS entail?
- Internships with RS usually run 3 months or the length of a college quarter/semester.
- Interns are required to work a minimum of two to three days a week, with a flexible schedule.
- Interns will be ingrained in client work, attend weekly team meetings, and learn from RS’s professional staff.
- As an agency, RS works on a variety of clients in diverse industries. Interns are expected to be self‐sufficient workers. They are regularly supervised and evaluated with a clear understanding of duties, responsibilities, and expected results.
- Intern job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to research, writing, media outreach, compiling and creating media lists, coordinating and disseminating media materials, and other activities as deemed necessary.
Q. What will you gain?
- Marketing, Public Relations and social media writing materials for your portfolio
- Real‐world marketing, PR & social media experience
- Ability to interface in fast‐paced, agency life
Q. What are the mandatory requirements?
- Applicants must be a junior or senior, working towards a degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- Three month internship with a minimum of two to three‐day availability
- Knowledge of AP Style for PR interns
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; PowerPoint is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative
- Attention to detail, especially when editing and proofing copy for punctuation, grammar, and clarity
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills
Q. What are the preferred qualifications?
- Previous marketing / public relations internship experience is preferred
- Experience with Cision and Critical Mention is a plus
Q. How are interns compensated?
- Interns will receive hourly pay in addition to school credit for college internship requirements.
If you believe this description fits you, please submit a resume, cover letter (include your availability), and any marketing or PR writing samples.